BBQ Jackfruit Quesadilla
This recipe came along when my creativity is at an all-time high: late night, cleaning out the fridge, making something to eat while watching Law & Order: SVU. It has reigned in infamy as the most delicious junk food I’ve come up with, according to Kyle.
They’re easy, messy, savory, salty, and everything you want to eat while binge-watching TV or hanging out with pals. Do yourself a favor and bookmark this one.
Makes 4 quesadillas
Takes approximately 20 minutes.
- 4 7-in. tortillas (I use La Banderita Carb Counter tortillas)
- 1 box BBQ Jackfruit from The Jackfruit Company
- 1/4 medium onion
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 tbsp. BBQ sauce
- 1 c. daiya cheddar shreds
- 1 c. daiya mozzarella shreds
- Dice the onion
- Add the oil to a pan over medium-high heat. Once warm, add the diced onion & cook until it’s starting to brown, then add the jackfruit & BBQ sauce and stir to combine. Lower your heat to the lowest temperature
- Heat a second pan over medium heat. Once warm, add a tortilla. Leave until the bottom starts to crisp, then flip over.
- Add 1/4 c. of each cheese to the whole tortilla, then 1/4 of the jackfruit mixture to one side.
- The cheese should melt just in time for the bottom of the tortilla to start to brown
- Fold in half & cut in thirds
Values shown are for 1/4 of recipe using exactly the ingredients listed.