Colorful Basil Pasta
I found this 5-color pasta while roaming around TJ Maxx and knew it would make for a beautiful recipe. I wanted to make a delicious pasta dish that was also light, didn’t leave a bloated feeling, and was skimpy on the calories. So here ya go!
I used a variety of veggies in this pasta – you can use whatever you have on hand!
Makes 12 cups (6 servings)
Takes approximately 30 minutes.
- 18 oz 5 Color Cavatappi
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- ~5 white mushrooms, chopped
- 1c. sugar snap peas
- ~8 cherry tomatoes, sliced and halved
- 1c. fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tbsp. Bragg’s Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp. monk fruit sweetener (or sugar)
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- Pinch of pepper
- Boil a salted pot of water, then add the pasta to cook.
- Heat up olive oil in a pan. Add chopped onion, bell pepper, and minced garlic. Saute while chopping mushrooms and tomatoes.
- When the peppers and onions have lost their edge but are not anywhere near done yet, add the mushrooms and snap peas. The mushrooms will release liquid that will further cook the snap peas.
- Don’t forget to check on the pasta!
- Once the mushrooms are almost cooked, add the tomatoes and combine.
- Turn the burner off, chop up the basil, then add it to the pan.
- Let that sit while you make the sauce. Combine the liquid aminos, monk fruit sweetener, lime juice, and pepper.
- Pour sauce over veggies and add the cooked pasta.
- Stir to combine and serve hot!
Values shown are for 1/6 of recipe using exactly the ingredients listed.