Protein Pasta & “Fried” Brussels
Ever since I started working 12 hour days, it became imperative that I plan my meals and have them ready before my workweek starts. It’s caused me to get creative, organized, and make some delicious recipes!
Here is the recipe for my go-to lunch: complete protein pasta with red sauce, veggies, & italian sausage with fried brussels.
Check out the video at the bottom of the recipe to see how it’s done!
Makes 4 servings
Takes approximately 25 minutes.
For the pasta:
- ½ onion
- ½ bell pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 link of Field Roast Italian Sausage
- 8oz box Modern Table Elbows – Complete Protein Pasta (or similar)
- ~ 1 cup pasta sauce
For the fried brussels:
- ~3 cups of raw brussels sprouts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Heat 1 tsp of olive oil over medium heat & add 4-6 cups of water to a pot over medium-high heat
- Dice the ½ onion & ½ bell pepper into bite-size pieces & add to the pan with oil
- Slice the link of sausage into ¼ inch slices & add to the pan
- While those are cooking, heat a tbsp of olive oil in a second pan
- Slice the brussels sprouts into ⅛-¼ inch slices and add to the pan. As they cook, continually stir so all sides brown at the same rate
- When the water in the pot has come to a boil, add the package of protein pasta
- When the onions, peppers, and sausage have browned, add the pasta sauce & combine.
- When the pasta is done, add ~¼ cup of the pasta water to the sauce and combine to make it creamier.
- Drain the rest of the water and add the pasta to the sauce
- Serve with the brussels & enjoy!
Values shown are for 1/4 of recipe using exactly the ingredients listed.
For the pasta: